McCarty’s Jewelry was established in Belmont Shore in 1932, back when this sleepy little beach town was growing fast and was far enough away from downtown for small businesses to spring up and be supported by the community. The original location was actually down the block on the south side of 2nd St. where Chase Bank stands today. In 1958, the store moved to its current location here at 5011 E. 2nd St. and has remained a fixture in Belmont Shore. McCarty’s Jewelry has had four owners in it’s 80 plus years in business which is testimony to its roots as a “family business”. The original McCarty family owned the business from 1932 to 1963. Then it was purchased by Bob & Ann Weeks who owned it from 1963 to 1982. Frank Rooney & Gary Borden bought the store in 1982 and in 1988 Page Henley, the current owner, joined them as a third partner. Page, now the sole owner, has maintained the integrity of this historic retail establishment and brought it into the 21st century.
Although McCarty’s is a contemporary jewelry store, we still maintain traditional values of superior customer service and long term, personal relationships with our customers. This has been our company mission and the reason for our longevity.
Oh yes, and our neon sign is the original!